An early catalyst for Central Beaverton’s revitalization, the Round is seen as an important contributor to the city’s landscape with a unique blend of environmental innovation in a mixed use development. The project is one that creates better, healthier spaces for its occupants and has a lighter impact on nature.
The Round achieves a balance of healthy spaces to live, work,
The sustainable and ecofriendly construction includes:
- Rooftop solar panels
- Increased insulation
- Custom energy efficient windows
- Programmable thermostats
- Low VOCs in paints, carpets and other building materials
- Water efficient plumbing fixtures
- Compact florescent lighting
- Landscaping with native plants and water conservation measures
- Protected green space
- Energy-efficient delivery of heating and cooling services from the Central Plant
The Round ownership and property management team are working toward improving sustainability and eco-friendly measures on an ongoing basis, with the goal of achieving a LEED certification on the Watson Building.